7. June 2011
Here are the results for last week contest which consisted of answering a bunch of Phish related questions. The price was the new double DVD/CD Live in Utica. You'll find bellow the correct answers (green) along with some pieces of detail and the name of the winner.
- Which of these songs has never been covered by Phish ?
- Which of these songs is covered by Phish a cappela ?
- When Phish cover these songs ("Purple Rain", "Love You", "Sexual Healing", "Gettin' Jiggy With It", "Bike" ), which instrument does the drummer use in his solo ?
- Which of these video games has the same name of a Phish cover song ?
- Ben Harper, k's Choice, Franz Ferdinand, Alanis Morissette and Phish both have played (at least once) a song having the same name, but which one of these ?
- "Walk Away"
Cover for Phish, original song for Ben Harper, k's Choice, Alanis Morissette and Franz Ferdinand
- "Sexual Healing"
Ben Harper has also covered this song as presented in his live album "Live From Mars"
Covered by k's Choice during their 2000 tour, as a tribute to George Harrison
- "Take Me Out"
Name for a Mike Gordon and Franz Ferdinand song
- "Hand In My Pocket"
A song by Alanis Morissette covered by Mike Gordon's solo band
- What is special about those two shows (speaking of "reprise", the french word for "cover") : 6/18/10 and 6/19/10
- "Tweezer Reprise"
In Ted's words : Hartford had the double Tweezer Reprise (back to back Tweezer Reprises in the encore), and the very next night at SPAC they opened and closed the show with Tweezer Reprise! Classic Phishiness!
- From which Michael Jackson album come the songs teased during the 2001 jam on the first anniversary of his death ?
In Ted's words : I was able to turn a Parisian friend onto Phish by playing him that 2001!
- Which of these albums have never been covered in its entirely by Phish as a "musical costume" on Halloween ?
31th October 1995
- "The Dark Side of the Moon"
In Ted's words : In '98 everybody thought they were going to do "Dark Side" in Vegas for Halloween, but they did "Loaded" by the Velvet Underground instead. A couple of days later, on 11/2/98 in Salt Lake City, Utah, the arena was only half full. In the second set, out of nowhere Phish played a "Harpua" that went into a full rendition of Dark Side of the Moon! Craziness!
31th October 1996
- "Exile on Main St."
31th October 2009
- "Waiting for Columbus"
31th October 2010
The winner is Ted, a reader living in Grenoble, France. He sent me very detailed answers for every question and was radomly picked.
You can still watch several excepts from the DVD (almost all set 1) along with other HD video from current tour on the Vimeo Phish page.
LivePhish.com also provide two great live compilations to download here : Live Bait Volume 3 and Live Bait Volume 4.