24. November 2010 17:05
I hate special offers... when it comes in a time when I can't buy anything.
LivePhish.com is currently offering 25% off all 2010 CDs until tuesday. This means that every show is available for 17.25$ instead of 23$ (except for Halloween which is 22.50 instead of 30$).
So all 29 summer tour shows can be bought for 500.25$ only and the fall tour is 264$. Even the "buy all in once" packages are more expensive as they're respectively 600.30$ and 315.25$ (you only save 10%).
Pff... 44 Phish shows in CDs for 570€ is a damned good deal ! That's 12,95€ a show, 4,31€ a CD (as most shows are on 3 CDs)...
Damned, I realise that I write more about money (spending or saving) than music on a Phish blog...
31. May 2010 14:55
We're just about 10 days before the first show of the Summer tour and Phish
has announced what I feard the most after a break-up : every show of this sumemr tour will be available on CD from livephish.com
I've always been reluctant to buy every show of a tour as a downloadable format but I'm a collector for everything's physical. I feared that kind of announcement because it means a lot of money to get the full set ($600.30 if you buy all 29 shows at once) or a strugle with myslef to accept that I miss a part of my Phish collection.
Last time I waited to buy a full set of shows, I ended not having them all because they became unavailable.
I compared the different possibilities to buy them separatly and I think I'll go with the multi-shows way. It finally cost 15€ more but I don't have to send $600 in one transaction and I can space out purchases.
Anyway, I can't wait to wake up in the morning and grab my dayly dose of Phish to listen during the day at the office. Last summer was great because of that. I even convinced myself not to listen to any Phish for several week to start this summer with a fresh mind.
25. November 2009 09:56
No new news about a european tour although some website are spreding the august rumors only this week.
I'm weak so I finaly bought things I saved money from :
- Gravity Crash, PS3 downloadable game (7€)
- Braid, PS3 downloadable game (10€)
- The Legend of Zelda, Ocarina of Time mangas (2x 7,50€ saved each month)
I received an answer for my Joy box that doesn't make me laugh.
I'm listening to the Fall tour each day and I'm loving it althought i'd like more variety in setlist. I'm sick of Chalkdust Torture, You enjoy myself and Down with Disease.
10. November 2009 11:09
New things I won't (or shouldn't) buy :
- New Super Mario Bros Wii (50€)
- The Legend of Zelda - Spirit Tracks (Nintendo DS - 40€)
- Queen Pack (Rock Band DLC - 12€)
- Braid (PS3 Game - 15€)
Things I told I wouldn't buy but ended bought :
- Histoire de Nintendo 2
- Cahier du Jeu Vidéo #2 Le Football
- A new Jack Skellington mug, DisneyLand (10€)
So it's 117€ saved and 43€ spent.
21. September 2009 11:49
I spoke about my money saving several times but on the other hand, I have to plan how much would it cost to attend all 10 rumored shows over a course of 13 days.
I won't count the travels for now.
- So 10 tickets : 10 x 30€ (average price for a not-so-famous-in-Europe band) = 300€
- Food for 13 days : 13 x 20€ = 260 €
- Hostel or somewhere to sleep for 13 nights (even if I might rest in my brother's in Paris or have a home break in Lyon between Barcelona and Paris) :
13 x 50€ = 650 €
- Souvenir, T-shirts, posters, memorabilia and omiyage :
10 x 20 € = 200€
I'm in a in 1410€ trip without actually going to the shows... I better have to save, save, SAVE !
As a side note, Mr. Miner put 2 greats European '97 shows this weekend in his PhishThoughts.com
15. September 2009 14:39
It's a good thing I started this little virtual money bank for a hypotetical Phish Europe Tour. It helps me realize the amount of money I spend avery month in music, games and stuffs...
So here are news things I won't buy until I see Phish live :
I also realize that I often buy the same things twice for collector purpose (P'nL 9, wipEout HD or Metroid Prime Trilogy)...
2. September 2009 15:26
OK I add to the moneybox :
30. August 2009 13:32
I'm a rather compulsive buyer, a collector and I have a whole bunch of passions.
That's a pretty expensive mix....
So if I want to go on Phish tour, I have to save money. Here is a list of things I'd have bought that I won't (at least in the near future) :
- Metroid Prime Trilogy, Wii game (50€ saved)
- A new hat (around 40€ saved)
- A new Jack Skellington mug, Disney Store (12€ saved)
- The Legend of Zelda, mangas (7,50€ saved each month)
- Giga Tokyo ToyBox, manga (7,50€ saved for each volume)
- Grateful Dead pack #2, for Rock Band 2 on PS3 (7,99€ saved)
- PixelJunk Shooter, PS3 downloadable game (around 10€ saved)
- Gravity Crash, PS3 downloadable game (around 10€ saved)
- Les Cahiers du Jeu Vidéo #2, Spécial Football, Pix'N Love book (14€ saved)
- L'Histoire de Nintendo #2, Les Game & Watch, Pix'N Love book (19€ saved)
- An arcade stick for XBox 360 (around 50€ saved)
- A bunch of XBox Live Arcade games (around 40€ saved)
So that's a total of 320,48€ saved for my Phish tour !
Of course it's far from enough to afford the flights, trains, hotels, beers and of course tickets for a full european tour but it's a good start.