30. August 2009
I'm a rather compulsive buyer, a collector and I have a whole bunch of passions.
That's a pretty expensive mix....
So if I want to go on Phish tour, I have to save money. Here is a list of things I'd have bought that I won't (at least in the near future) :
- Metroid Prime Trilogy, Wii game (50€ saved)
- A new hat (around 40€ saved)
- A new Jack Skellington mug, Disney Store (12€ saved)
- The Legend of Zelda, mangas (7,50€ saved each month)
- Giga Tokyo ToyBox, manga (7,50€ saved for each volume)
- Grateful Dead pack #2, for Rock Band 2 on PS3 (7,99€ saved)
- PixelJunk Shooter, PS3 downloadable game (around 10€ saved)
- Gravity Crash, PS3 downloadable game (around 10€ saved)
- Les Cahiers du Jeu Vidéo #2, Spécial Football, Pix'N Love book (14€ saved)
- L'Histoire de Nintendo #2, Les Game & Watch, Pix'N Love book (19€ saved)
- An arcade stick for XBox 360 (around 50€ saved)
- A bunch of XBox Live Arcade games (around 40€ saved)
So that's a total of 320,48€ saved for my Phish tour !
Of course it's far from enough to afford the flights, trains, hotels, beers and of course tickets for a full european tour but it's a good start.
30. August 2009
Ok, I know it's planning over unsourced rumors but anyway.
I live in Lyon, France. So I have to plan my tour starting from this point.
For now, I'll just have a look at the "big" travels from city to city.
So let's start with Lyon -> Dusseldorf
- With British Airways, I have a flight for 189€ but it's 08h15 > 17h25, so 9h10 with 1 stop-over
- With Lufthansa, it's only 1h20 long without stop-over but for 563€... Ouch !
- If I leave from Paris and the day before the show (5/8 instead of 5/9) I found a 44€ direct fight (1h25) !
After the Dusseldorf show (1st Phish show in Europe in 12 years !), I have only one day to go to Munich.
- I can flight with Air Berlin for 40€
- I guess i could also take the (A-)train but i couldn't find a price (except for a 177€ Eurotrain).
See you later for the other flights !
27. August 2009
Now with dates !!
05/09/10 Dusseldorf, Germany. Burg-Wachter Castello
05/10/10 Munich, Germany. Zenith
05/12/10 Bern, Switzerland. Post Finance Arena
05/13/10 Milan, Italy. Milan Auditorium
05/15/10 Barcelona, Spain. The Palau de la Musica Catalana
05/17/10 Paris, France. Elysee Montmartre
05/18/10 Amsterdam, Netherlands. Vondelpark
05/19/10 Amsterdam, Netherlands. Vondelpark
05/21/10 London, United Kingdom. O2 Arena
05/22/10 London, United Kingdom. O2 Arena
There are 2 "sources" (or people spreading the rumor) for now :
This tour would be great for me as it's rather short and not too far away.
Althought the one-day Paris>Amsterdam should be a little too quick, it usually left 2 days to travel from away towns.
I'd gladly "visit" Barcelona and Amsterdam in may :)
[UPDATE] Don't get your hopes up it won't mean a thing...
24. August 2009
Rumors for Fall tour 2009 and New Year Eve are more and more acurates. Some of them also speak about a 2010 European tour (in April, maybe).
Although I'd personaly prefer another month, April'd work for me.
Of course, they're only rumors. I remember there were also rumors of a summer 2009 Europe tour even before en US tour...
Source : http://welcometonow.wordpress.com/2009/08/22/phish-fall-tour-and-nye-2009/
19. August 2009
Based on the Phishtistics web site as of 8.16.09
67 only in Europe
19. August 2009
...one song from each studio album, it'd be the following.
Junta : Fee
Lawn Boy : The Squirming coil
A Picture of Nectar : The Landlady
Rift : Horn
Hoist : Dog-Faced Boy
Billy Breathes : Waste
The Story of the Ghost : Water in the Sky
Farmhouse : Sleep
Round Room: All of These Dreams
Undermind : Scents and Subtle Sounds (Intro)
Joy : Time Turns Elastic (juging between this and Backwards Down the Number Line)
Ok I'm talking studio version here. That's why I can't really tell about Joy as I've only heard 2 studio versions yet.
And I'd rather listen to a Divided Sky, a Stash or a Maze in a show...
17. August 2009
12 years ago, I discovered Phish and their fabulous shows.
12 years ago, I started waiting to see them live.
5 years ago, I was crying thinking it would never happen.
10 month ago, hope came back when they announced 3 shows at the Hampton Coliseum.
Now I'm ready to buy countless tickets and book countless trains and flights.
The only thing's missing is a European tour...